As a consumer group, Makers have low resources and a Self-Expression motivation.
Members of this group typically:
- Are distrustful of government
- Have a strong interest in all things automotive
- Have strong outdoor interests (hunting and fishing)
- Believe in sharp gender roles
- Want to protect what they perceive to be theirs
- See themselves as straightforward; appear to others as anti-intellectual
- Want to own land.
Source: Nationally representative samples of more than 50,000 US adults age 18 and older from VALS™/GfK MRI and SBI proprietary studies annually.